Krotoszyn is a county town situated ca. 80 km south-east of Poznań, at the crossroads of Jarocin–Wrocław and Ostrów-Wielkopolski–Rawicz routes.
Discalced Trinitarians were brought in to Krotoszyn in 1731 by Józef Potocki, the Voivod of Kiev, the then-owner of the town. 1733 saw erection of a cloister building; in 1766–1772, a brick temple was constructed on the site of a previously demolished wooden church. The edifice’s founder was Ludwika Potocka, nee Mniszech; the church building was probably designed by Karol-Marcin Frantz. The Prussian authorities abolished the cloister in 1819. Today, the building houses, inter alia, an art gallery and a Regional Museum, featuring an interesting exhibition illustrating the history of the town. The temple functions as a parish church.
The baroque single-nave church of Saint Apostles Peter and Paul is an edifice of a diversified solid, with rounded quoins. It is covered by a multi-hipped roof, with an ave-bell on the ridge. Adjacent to the nave at the west is a tower topped with a cupola featuring a lantern. The interior’s uniform late-baroque outfit dates to 1772–1775. A boat-shaped pulpit is an attractive feature.
The former cloister’s standalone storied building is founded on a rectangular projection. Covered by a three-hipped roof, it has in its western elevation an arcade portal dated ca. 1733. The interiors are covered by a.o. cloister vaults with lunettes; a beam ceiling survives in the vestibule.
ul. Klasztorna 3
Tel. +48 62 725 27 66