Złotów is a county town located ca. 130 km north-east of Poznań.
The church was built in 1661–1664, based on the foundation provided by Andrzej-Karol Grudziński, Voivode of Kalisz and the then-owner of the town. The blueprints were prepared by Krzysztof Bonadura the Elder.
The church is a mononave edifice, with a narrower and lower-rising presbytery. There are two chapels adjacent to the nave. In the presbytery and the sacristry, barrel vaults with lunettes are adorned with stuccowork. The chapels are covered by tiny cupolas with lanterns on their tops. The temple’s walls are covered with murals and ornaments made in 1960s by the artists Anna and Leonarda Turwirt, using the sgraffito technique.
The church’s valuable baroque furnishing includes five altars, an ambo and a baptismal font. The curved screen features the Crucifixion group. The main altar has a painting showing the Coronation of Virgin Mary, made in 1666 by Gdansk-based painter Paweł Hack.
ul. Najświętszej Maryi Panny 11
Tel. +48 67 263 28 22