Buk is a town situated in the County of Poznań, ca. 30 km west of Poznań. The church is located within a cemetery, in the town’s western part.
Funded by Wiktor Raczyński, the landlord of Wojnowice, the church was erected in 1760, and renovated in 1966.
A frame construction and planking has been applied to this church, erected as it was upon the Greek cross plan, with a circle inscribed in the centre. There is a westward-facing presbytery with a semi-hexagonal end, and a porch to the east. The roofs are mansard, Polish-style, covered with shale. An octagonal turret rises above the church’s central section, its walls covered with slate, itself covered up with a cupola furnished with a lantern. The church’s central section is supported by eight columns and closed with a dome, again featuring a lantern. Barrel vaults are contained within the cross’s arms. The dome is embellished with a polychrome dating to early 19th century, showing St. Adalbert’s martyrdom scenes. Figures of the Saints: Casimir, Adalbert, Hedwig, and Stanislaus are featured within the lantern. The polychrome was heavily repainted in 1966 by Teodor Szukała and Henryk Kot.
The interior’s furnishings are baroque. The main altar dates to c. 1760, with a late-gothic crucifix from 1st half of 16th century. There are four side altars, and a stone stoup which probably dates to 16th c.
Next to the church is a 1759 wooden belfry of post-and-beam construction, planked, covered with a hipped (tent) shingled roof.