Our suggested excursion to Gołuchów is not limited to seeing the castle. To visit without haste all the attractions the village may offer, you should be prepared to go on a ca. 5 hours trip.
During your excursion, you can:
- go on a guided tour to the castle (see Museum site for details);
- visit the Forest Culture Centre. At the museum, you will get to know about the foresters’ work across the history. Poland’s only such museum.
For details, refer to the Centre’s website;
- visit the Outhouse. The building, adapted by Izabela Działyńska as her apartment, features objects related to hunting traditions;
- visit the European bison homestead: take a nice stroll through the park at any time in the year. Let’s make sure that bison are not only to be met in Białowieża primeval forest!
- visit the park: a stop at your route that can’t be missed! The charming alleys, beautiful trees will offer you an excellent opportunity to relax before you take the last item on the agenda i.e.:
- walk to St. Hedwig’s boulder. You can access it either by car or on foot. If by car, you leave Gołuchów and go down the road toward Kalisz; by the main road are two signposts, visible not far from each other, pointing rightward – to where the boulder is. If you take the first turn, you have to leave your car at an attended parking lot and then just walk. If you hike, you will make your way along a ca.-4 km-long marked hiking route (yellow or blue).