The city is in Leszno County, about 10 km south-east of Leszno, on the road to Wrocław.
The original town hall, which stood in the middle of the marketplace and was probably wooden, burnt down in 1707. The present edifice was erected in 1761, most likely to a design by Karl Martin Franz.
The baroque town hall stands in the middle of the western frontage of the marketplace, where one of the streets leading to it used to run. The building has two storeys with a partly used attic and was built on a trapezium plan. The slated gablet roof is obscured from the market side by a high gable. A quadrilateral turret with an azure cupola crowned with a ball and vane dominates the crest. The façade is adorned with pilasters and the upper part of the crest has a clock. There is a sandstone tablet over the entrance with three cartouches enclosing the emblem of the Commonwealth, the coat of arms of the city and the initials of August Sułkowski.
The Municipal and Local Government Offices are housed in the building.
The rococo Holy Trinity Monument from 1760-1761 was sculpted by Andrew Schmidt.
ul. Rynek 1