A county town situated at the bend of the Warta river, in the Śrem Dale, ca. 45 km south of Poznań.
The cloister was founded in 1616 by Wiktoria and Tekla Gułtowska. The Poor Clare nuns arrived in Śrem probably in 1623, settling down at the Holy Cross church donated to them by the Franciscans, in the town’s left-bank section. This wooden church burnt down in 1766. Soon after, the nuns set about constructing a new brick temple and its adjacent nunnery.
A nursing-and-caring institution is housed therein at present.
The baroque church of St. Ignatius of Loyola is a three-nave edifice with a narrower presbytery. Its façade was transformed as part of a redevelopment exercise carried out in mid-19th century; it is to this period that a neo-gothic turret dates, among other details. The outfit is twentieth-century.
The cloister adjacent to the church owes its architectonic shape to nineteenth-century redevelopments.
ul. Promenada 7
Tel. +48 61 283 06 09